The Heartsaver CPR, AED & First Aid course combines CPR and AED course with the First Aid course. Be a hero at your workplace or school. Learn what it takes to save a life. This course teaches you how to be a leader in cardiac emergencies and first aid scenarios. You’ll learn adult and child CPR - and how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). This is an ideal course if you are required to respond in an emergency as part of your job or regulatory requirements. Once you successfully complete this one-day course, you will have American Heart Association certification for two years.
In the AHA Heartsaver CPR, AED and First Aid class, you will:
- Demonstrate the skill needed to assess the ill or injured person.
- Demonstrate skills to assess and manage foreign body airway obstruction in infants, children and adults.
- Demonstrate skills to provide one- and two- person cardiopulmonary resuscitation to infants, children and adults.
- Recall rationale and technique for automated external defibrillation.
- Demonstrate proper use of pocket mask during resuscitation attempts.
- Know the basics of first aid, such as rescuer duties and finding the problem.
- Care for medical emergencies, such as allergic reactions, fainting, diabetes and low blood sugar, strokes, and seizures.
- Care for traumatic injuries, such as bleeding and wounds, head and spine injury, broken bones and strains, and burns.
- Care for environmental emergencies such as hypothermia, heat exhaustion, and poisoning.