The Heartsaver CPR Course is designed to prepare people to provide CPR in a safe, timely, and effective manner. In addition, this course is intended for those with limited or no medical training and need a CPR credential. Included in the course objectives are cognitive and psychomotor objectives. The Heartsaver course is taught by lecture, video, and student participation, and those who need a Heartsaver CPR Course completion card can take this course.
In the AHA Heartsaver CPR and AED class, you will:
- Demonstrate the skill needed to assess the ill or injured person.
- Demonstrate skills to assess and manage foreign body airway obstruction in infants, children and adults.
- Demonstrate skills to provide one- and two- person cardiopulmonary resuscitation to infants, children and adults.
- Recall rationale and technique for automated external defibrillation.
- Demonstrate proper use of pocket mask during resuscitation attempts.